The Early Childhood Education program prepares visionary educators for South Carolina teacher licensure in prekindergarten through 3rd grade.
The Early Childhood Education program has specific competencies that are expected of candidates preparing to teach in grades PK-3. Our program meets the standards of the National Association for the Education of the Young Child (NAEYC).
Careers and Outcomes
Each step you take while enrolled in the School of Education is carefully outlined to guide your career pathways. Upon completion of a degree in Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, you will be able to pursue a career in many areas, including:
- Kindergarten teacher
- Childcare Center Director or Coordinator
- Curriculum Developer (Grades PK-3)
- Educational Consultant
- Preschool teacher or classroom teacher (Grades PK–3)
- Social and human services assistant
- Personal care aide
- Advocate for an early childhood readiness organization or professional association
- Museum educator with a children's museum
Prospective students interested in applying to this program are encouraged to review specific admissions requirements for the School of Education.
Teacher Education Admissions
If you are interested in our Early Childhood Education Program, we invite you to contact:
Dr. Anthony Broughton
Assistant Professor of Education
Early Childhood Coordinator
Phone: (803) 535-5397
Fax: (803) 535-5485