Theresa Bernice Thompson Davis
Mrs. Davis has received numerous honors and awards, and she has been instrumental in developing proposals that resulted in grant approval to strengthen professional programs.
Theresa T. Davis came to Claflin University after thirty years of service to Florence School District One and Orangeburg School District Five. At the secondary level she taught mathematics, served as Mathematics Department Chair and Orangeburg School District Five Mathematics Coordinator.
Presently Mrs. Davis is an Assistant professor (Tenured) and advisor for Mathematics Education Majors here at Claflin University. She has contributed greatly to enhancing her profession in synergist activities-presentations, boards, publications, conferences/ workshop attendance, and university and community service. Mrs. Davis believes that “fairness and honesty are great traits for leadership success.”
- MEd in Mathematics Education from the University of South Carolina
- B.S. in Mathematics Education from Claflin University
- Active Learning
- Mathematics Anxiety
- Action Research
- Teaching Adult learners
- Mathematics Emporium.
Activities and Honors
- Alpha Kappa Mu National Honor Society
- Selection Committee Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) Scholarship-District 06
- Member, South Carolina Leaders in Mathematics Education
- Reviewer for The Improving Teacher Quality ITQ) Grants for the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Selection Committee, Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching program (7-12)
- Secretary, Computer Science Education in South Carolina Steering Committee